IT'S THE BIG DAY....

MY DD 13 B-DAY PARTY IS TODAY. HER REAL FATHER IS GOING TO BE THERE AND HIS GIRLFRIEND, AND THERE KIDS, PLUS HIS GIRLFRIENDS HUSBAND, AND ME AND MY BOYFRIEND. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN 7 YEARS WE HAVE ALL GOT TOGETHER FOR ANYTHING. I JUST WANT THIS DAY TO BE PERFECT FOR HER. I HAVE TOLD EVERYONE IF ANYTHING IS SAID TO BE RUDE TO ANOTHER PERSON THEY WILL BE KICKED OUT. THIS IS THE FIRST B-DAY PARTY HER FATHER HAS BEEN TO IN 7 YEARS. PLEASE EVERYONE PRAY FOR ME, AND FOR MY DD PARTY TO GO GREAT. THANK YOU!!

okc-mom-2

Asked by okc-mom-2 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• his girlfriends husband? thats not going to be awkward?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:17 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I'm assuming she meant ex-husband. I just don't understand why the ex-husband would be there. I wouldn't let him come. But that's just me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• WE WAS ALL FRIENDS B4 WE ALL SPLIT UP 7 YEARS AGO, BECAUSE MY HUSBAND AND HIS WIFE HAD AN AFFAIR TOGETHER. MY DD STILL TALKS TO HER FATHERS GIRLFRIENDS HUSBAND AND HAS SINCE WE ALL WENT OUR SEPRATE WAYS. SHE WANTS THIS MAN THERE BECAUSE HE WAS THERE WHEN HER REAL FATHER WASN'T. MY BOYFRIEND HAS BEEN HER DAD FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS. IT'S GOING TO BE VERY WEIRD, BUT IT'S WHAT MY DD WANTS. IT'S HER PARTY.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• oh, well in that case good luck!!!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:22 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• teen girlI will pray for you and your family. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DD. I have one question why is your DD fathers girlfriend ex hubby gonna be there? I was just wondering if it's none of my business then thats fine. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR DD, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:23 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• HE HAS BEEN OUR FRIEN B4 THEY SPLIT UP. THEY ARE STILL LEGALLY MARRIED, BUT HAVE BEEN SEPERATED FOR 7 YEARS. MY KIDS LOVED THIS GUY. HE WAS ALWAYS THERE FOR HIM WHEN THERE REAL FATHER WASN'T.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I had to tell my dd's bio dad that we would have a truce for the weekend of her wedding and after that we could go back to fighting but no fighting during her special day. It went well.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Good luck to you! My ex-DH's family has been able to do this. His parents are divorced & when the grandchildren (my kids) started coming along, they were able to put aside their differences & have birthday parties & such. It helps that both of his parents are remarried.

I keep hoping that ex-DH will grow up & allow us to have this type of relationship but it hasn't happened yet. Right now, our children get separate parties. Kudos to all of you for coming together & doing what your DD wants. I hope it all works out perfectly!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2009