Tooth coming out the wrong way

My 15 month old has a tooth starting to come out the front of his gums behind his lip, instead of on top of the gums like a normal tooth. Anyone ever had this happen to their child? Did it hurt more and what did they do to fix it?

jackie8236

Asked by jackie8236 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd has a tooth like that she will be going to the dentist on her 2ns bday her teeth didnt hurt any more than expected, I often thought it was because when she was learning to stand she fell and banged her gum. Has ur son done anything like that?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:49 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• yes my daughter has her eyeteeth coming in that way....its so strange looking...the dentist said its okay though and it will gravitate to where its supposed to be more likely than not..but they will keep an eye on it
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Blue, your DD will probably have to get it pulled when she is older. The chance of the tooth gravitating to where it's supposed to be is none. It's EXTRA teeth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• kirsty - he did take a header off the recliner yesterday, which is what I originally thought it was. I woke up my husband and we got a better look at it and it is definitely a tooth. He said his sister has one the same way.
    Blue - my sister in laws tooth is still the same way, it didn't move at all. It's not an extra tooth either, it's his first chewing tooth on the bottom right next to his front 4 teeth. So it's where it's supposed to be and there is a hole for it (his next tooth is right) It's just coming out the wrong way.
    Thanks for your answers ladies, I appreciate it.
    jackie8236

Answer by jackie8236 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• no its her actual eyetooth the dentist said...and he said when she goes to get braces it will help even more
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2009