psoriasis

Posted yesterday didnt get many answers. my 6 yr old has been told she has psoriasis . shei is on 2 creams and they have told her lots of sun. anybody have any luck with a treatment?

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 11:46 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• i have it, i havent had much help with the creams but i know sun works!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My sister suffered as a child ...........Another thing you could use is vitamin E Capsules...with the liquid inside....poke a whole w/ a pin and put the liquid vitamin E on it.
    The Sun is Great for it.
    ..Is it on her knees...elbows...?
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 12:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• poke a hole not a whole...lol
    jjessers

• She has it on her upper thighs lower leg between her legs on her stomach, back, face, and scalp
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 1:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I would use coconut oil, and eliminate dairy for a while

Answer by rkoloms at 1:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I from time to time will break out in my scalp...(whenever I'm stressed) so does my mother and my oldest son...
    We use Tar shampoo...Neutragena makes T-Gel.....but I find that the WalMart brand is less harsh on the hair itself...yet still works well on the psoriasis.
    btw...have you checked in her ears.....I get it in that swirl part in the upper cartilidge area.
    Umm...
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 1:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• YES t-gel works wonders!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Try changing her diet, consult a dietitian for the best information. Get her a Omega 3 supplement. Also if she is not seeing an auto immune specialist she should psoriasis is an auto amuse disease.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I have had P since I was a kid & it's not easy to live with, especially during the teen years. One caution about T-gel or anything containing tar - it causes photosensitivity and will make the skin burn very easily, so use it with caution in the summer, esp if light skinned. If she has sensitive skin as well, it may cause irritation or burning as well. (Speaking from personal experience.) I spent most of my childhood seeing dermatologists for P and their treatments just made it worse & worse. I now use DermaE products. The best thing I ever did was change my diet. No pasteurized dairy products, caffeine or red meat (veg is even better), lots of fresh raw fruits & veggies. Different supplements work for different people. I currently take Omega 3-6-9, EFAs, digestive enzymes, lecithin, & turmeric. & get plenty of sun, preferably without sunscreen for the first several minutes. Sunscreen blocks most of the rays that are helpful.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 7:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009