ok to drink pepsi?

im 37 weeks.throughout my whole pregnancy i havnt had soda until i reached 8 months.at 8 months i started having it once in a blue.now i have at least a 20 oz everyday.its so freakin good.will everything be ok.i dont even have the 20 oz to myself i always share it wit the hubby.will everything be ok even if i continue being that i havent had it almost all of my pregnancy.

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 11:52 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i recently read that a woman can safely drink up to six cans of soda a day... I don't know how true this is... I'd say you're safe. I'm 20 weeks and I drink a can of MD just about every other day... I wouldn't worry too much about it
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:57 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Across the pond they even have a glass of wine. Not recommended! But my point moderation is the key unless specifically stated my the Dr. Eat healthy foods, exercise, keep happy and try to enjoy the moment. You only get those great parking spots for a short time.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I did like you. I stayed away for forever and then just couldn't handle it anymore. You're fine hon!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• yeah i had caffeine my whole pregnancy after the first trimester my son seems to be fine so far *knocks on wood* ;]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• With my pregnacies I limited it to about 12 oz but it made the babie so hyper. I haven't heard anything against it except the weight gain and dehydration if your not drinking other stuff. Caffeine is a diauretic so it pulls liquid out of you. So be sure to get enough other stuff.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• You should be fine. I didn't give up caffiene when I was pregnant and I have a healthy, happy and intelligent 13 yr old son. My doctor even told me that I would have an occasional glass of wine when I was pregnant. You can also try caffiene free Pepsi, you cannot taste caffiene to begin with. I experimented with my dad because he insisted he can taste caffiene. I poured caffiene free soda in a caffiene soda bottle and he drank it, I told him how it tasted and he said like soda. I then told him that he just drank caffiene free soda.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I would not subject my child to high fructose corn syrup. Do they have the retroPepsi in your area? It is made with sugar.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I used to drink 2 - 3 20 oz soft drinks a day for years (yes even pregnant). I no longer drink soft drinks bc the dr said that's what helped cause my kidney stones. (4 operations for those. Painful and surgery sucks. YES they still do "real" surgery for them when they are lodged near bone) Now I drink water or green tea.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I do not feel that a soda is going to hurt the baby if you are in a normal pregancy. Not that soda would hurt the baby in a not normal pregnancy but you don't want to do anything to put you at greater risk. I tihnk a soda is fine. I was told preggo women can have one chocolate bar, one cup of coffee or three sodas a day. I think that you are fine. But if you feel guilty why not drink juices instead? You can even spice them up with alitte ice and put them in the blender to make a yummy snack. I do this all the time but not preggo it's just to good lol. God bless you and I pray the your delivery goes perfectly.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• thanx ladies
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 12:17 AM on Aug. 9, 2009