Anyone had multiple BFN's and still be prego?

Okay, this is going to sound really stupid, but I have to ask. I have the Mirena, and I know it is super effective, but not foolproof. I test every month since I have not had a period since 9 month old DD was born. All negative. But lately I have been experiencing some major pregnancy symptoms and people around me are even asking if I am prego. I no longer have insurance as of today (DH was released from active duty a while back), so I don't want to go to the doc unless absolutely necassary, but at this point, I feel that If I am not pregnant, somthing is wrong. My symptoms inclue: lack of period (which could be due to breastfeeding), tender breasts, vomiting, slight cramping, increased discharge (TMI), "butterfly" feeling (possible movement?), and dizziness.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If u have the mirena these are all normal symptoms. I have been to the doc 3 times because of this. I have had mirena just going on one year and recently I went back to the doc cause I have been feeling movements in my tummy. They say uterine twitches or spasms are apart of the mirena also.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Thank you! It is crazy to think that it can cause all of these symptoms, and it makes me angry that the doctor that recommended it would not inform me of that. I am really going to consider getting it removed if this continues. I cannot handle this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I know what u mean, it is scary. Also 3 of my friends have gotten pregnant on it. The doc thinks I am over reacting but I am in no position to have another baby right now. lol. If u can I would just stick it out because if u dont have coverage getting it removed can be expensive.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I would punch a doc if he told me I was overreacting! LOL! Let them get one placed and deal with all of the crazy symptoms and see how they feel! I am going to try and stick it out, and hopefully hubby can get the Tricare reactivated. I just totally regret getting it now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I dont regret it, cause I havent gotten pregnant but it still is a pain in the butt. Is ur hubby going to reenlist? or does he have a civilian job now? I loved tricare when I had it.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• He really wants to go full time active duty. he is National Guard right now. He is running across some issues going active, due to everyone's numbers being up, but he is working on it. I love tricare too! I miss it already!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2009