Numb spot on belly...

Ok, so I'm 7 mos. pregnant with baby #3 and this has happened with all 3 pregnancies though my dr. can never tell me why or what it is. Has anyone else experienced anything similar...? It's like a numb spot (or how it feels when your arm/foot goes to sleep) near the top of my belly about in the middle but slightly more to the right side. The spot is probably about the size of a golf ball. It's not painful just very uncomfortable, even if I don't touch the spot I can feel it tingling. Any ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It maybe that the position of the baby or placenta is pressing on a nerve and causing the sensation or even pressing on some sort of blood vessel causing slightly decreased blood flow to that area (or just that things are being squished to cause it). my placenta always seems to press up against or cause pressure on my sciatica (hurts like heck sometimes, more with my 1st). If the numb spot happens later in your pregnancy that would be my best guess. Only so much room in there before squishing things haha
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2009