Have you ever seen Jesus Christ Superstar?

Jesus Christ, superstar...do you think you're who they say you are...

I like musicals :o]

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• right on.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I saw the original movie when it came out and the play back in the day. Oh my, that takes me back!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Yep... I was it a long time ago. I'm a big musical theater kinda girl. Superstar is good but GodSpell is better.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:41 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• YES, AND IT WAS AWESOME!

Answer by older at 12:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• OMGOMG Sabrina! The theater group in my hometown put on Godspell about 10 years ago. I didn't get to see it, but apparently my town was absolutely outraged about it. I don't understand what's so "bad" about Godspell that made them hate it, but when I was in high school drama in 2005 they were STILL talking about how "they didn't want to make another mistake like Godspell!"

Of course, my senior year we put on RENT and a guy I briefly dated played Angel. He's totally not gay but he does gay very well, if you know what I mean. Yet again, everyone in the town was outraged that we performed something with gay people in it.

Ohhh, the deep south. How I love thee.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• We couldn't say the word bra in my highschool play, shows how old I am.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I read scenes in drama but never the whole thing (or saw the whole thing). Same with Godspell. Though my school did that a few years before I got to HS and there wasn't any outrage - that was in the 80's
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• ive only seen youtube clips of the dancing numbers. having not seen it fully thru is one of my major musical shames (that & Singing in the Rain). my parents were pretty strict so ive seen all the classics enough times to memorize them, but none of the "racy" ones. these past 5 years or so ive finally been able to watch all the ones that were "banned" in my house (Rent, Moulan Rouge, Godspell, Chicago, etc).

its sad really...its like my parents were afraid that if i watched Rent or Chicago id became an AIDS infected, homosexual gangster murderer haha

on a side note, my senior year we did Oklahoma! and the most flamboyantly gay guy at my school was cast as Curly...and he SOOO didnt pull it off. it was so sad it was funny. man i hate that play haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No I haven't but I LOVE musicals. So when I get the chacne to *aka find the video lol* I'll watch it :) What's GodSpell about?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 5:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Oooooaklahoma is the place to be!

Oh lord. We watched that thing 100+ times in seventh grade chorus class. Yuck. We also watched South Pacific. I can't STAND old musicals!

According to Wiki, Godspell is a play on the word "gospel." It reenacts certain parables found in the Bible. It sounds really interesting.

Manders, have you seen Hair from 1980? If you haven't, oh my sweet goodness you really should as soon as possible. It's like RENT with weed added in. It's one of my favorite movies ever.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2009