what does my baby feel??

Ok well i am about 28 weeks pregnant i think... and i am wondering what exactly does my baby feel?? Does he feel the hot water when i take a shower? Does he feel the cold when i am cold? Does he feel hunger? Does he have emotions? Is he upset when i am upset? I know that it is not good to stress while you are pregnant, but realistically, what pregnant woman isnt stressed? I worry about the safety of my unborn child, and i want to make sure that i am not provoking any undue harm or unknown harm unto him! I am very curious and i have tried looking up somethings on the internet, but all i find is things about abortion, and i cant stand that word.... or the meaning! So if someone knows the answer to my questions or knows somewhere i can get the information please let me know! Thanks
*Karmas' Mama*

c0rpsman4life

Asked by c0rpsman4life at 12:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They can hear sounds -- rather like you can hear if you were under pool water. They can hear your heartbeat and the blood rushing, your digestion, and your...um...gas :) They can feel some changes in temperature but it isn't shocking becuase of the protection of the uterus and the fluid. The higher brain functions started developing at around 22-24 weeks, so there is the beginning of consciousness but it it still developing--but the baby is probably showing signs of a sleep cycle and position preferences. I doubt hunger is an issue since, all nutrients are automatic...to feel hunger at this stage wouldn't be useful. Nature knows what she's doing. I wouldn't stress about if you are doing harm. The baby has grown in that environment and is USED to the jostling, the swaying, the sounds and feels quite at home. There is no worry about being safe, the uterus has that job!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My midwife asked me last week if I was feeling any anxiety and stress and I said no because, "The baby knows how to grow and doesn't need any input from me and I pay as much attention to the function of my uterus as I do about my day to day digestion. They work just fine."
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2009