free lunch, reduce lunch, or niether

DO pay for your children lunch.
I pay about 40.00 a month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I pack my sons lunch.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• my daughter will be taking her lunch but buys her juice/milk
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• he isnt there yet ,but when he does i will be packing it, wow thats a lot of money but you gotta do whatever it takes to feed your babies not everyone has the time to pack them lunch.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I was a single mom living on min wage when my kids were in school so they always got free lunch. I have one dd whose kids take their lunch (no cafeteria in their school) and one dd whose kids get free lunch (their bum dad hasn't had a job in 2 yrs and won't really go find work but won't let my dd go get a job so they live off unemployment).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My kids get free lunch, my older ones rarely get thier lunch at school, they have off campus and will go to the store and get something. My 7 year old takes lunch but will get hot lunch if he likes what is being served. My 5 year old is still to be determined, she is starting kinder, so I have no idea what she will do.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Because my kids all go to schools that are in the poorer parts of town everyone can have free lunch. The elementary school also does breakfast. My twins eat breakfast everyday and lunch most days, we get the menu and if there are some lunches they really don't like then I don't make them eat them, I'll make them a lunch. The older one has lunch at school about 3 out of 5 days.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Even if they paid us, I would not let my daughter eat the school foods. They are loaded with bad fats, sodium, and who knows what, without a whole grain in sight.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I get free lunch for my son and I am grateful because I was spending over $50 a month on school lunches. His lunches are $2.50 a day for full lunch or .50-$3.00 for each ala carte item. I still put some money on his lunch card incase he wants something that isn't on the free lunch list. He can also eat free breakfast but he would rather sleep longer and eat on the way to school.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• This is the first year we qualify for reduced lunch for the younger ones. They eat school lunch about half the time and take their lunch the rest of the time. I was forking out a crapload of money last year for lunches for 3 kids plus lunch money for my dd in high school. But even taking their lunch is expensive considering school lunch at regular price is $1.40.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My kids get free breakfast at school (everyone does) & they also qualify for free lunch so they eat at school. We are really fortunate that our schools serve very healthy meals--they get a couple servings of fruit and/or veggies at each meal plus milk & lots of whole grains are used. They also get fresh, local snacks--blueberries, apples, strawberries--due to a grant that the school was awarded. We actually joke that some days, the kids eat better at school!!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2009