Helping my 16 month old learn to talk?

He only says dog. Other words he has said maybe once like, da da, yeah, OK.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would worry more when he is two. My DD is 21 months and she just started busting out with words, combining words. You can talk to the pedi about your concerns.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• dont ever push your kid,mine was a preemie and i spend the first year crying because he was the last to get a tooth,crawl and walk and now he's as smart a a five year old but he's just turned 3, all kids are different they do what they want when they want mommy just needs to wait and see when the little man will take off,when??? we dont know,but will he Yes!
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Just give him time. If you want to help, try getting him a push toy. My son pushed it for a day and then took off.......
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My daughter was like that, a slow talker...believe me, she made up for it later!

I agree with the other mom's, every one goes at their own pace. If he was 3 or 4 and still hadn't talked much...then I think I'd be concerned.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• give it more time-"they" say 18-24 months they shoudl be talking or starting to talk. I think your LO is ahead of schedule. Read books and talk to them but def. keep up whatver you are doing too. :-)
    Congrats!!
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2009