baby moving

I am pregnant with my first child, and so far i have been extremely lucky! I havent had most pregnant symptoms, and he has been an all round good baby. Well when i first started feeling him move i wasnt sure what it was because it sorta hurt, then as time went on the feelings started to change, the way it felt inside, now i love to feel him move, there are sometimes when it feels tight and a little uncomfortable, but i would rather feel uncomfortable knowing he is moving then to feel nothing at all. Well i am getting to the point where i dont feel him move very much and it sort of scares me, sometime he will go days without moving and people say that is normal but i get really nervous and i panic, is there anything i can do to make him move more or anyway to tell where he is exactly, like in what position he is in??
Curious....

c0rpsman4life

Asked by c0rpsman4life at 12:41 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you get nervous about him not moving, try taking a cold washcloth and placing it on your stomach while lying down with your feet up. Or you can drink something with high sugar content (such as juice) and lay down with your feet up. He should move around a bit after either of those :) Mine has been so active during this pregnancy that I get worried if I haven't felt him in a couple of hours to be honest. Either of those methods seem to work really well!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• If you are after 28 weeks, you should be doing kick counts, where you feel 10 in an hour, if not drink something cold, lay down on your left side. If you don't get 10 in 2 hours, its cause for concern.

Before that though, it is still normal to not feel em move much in a day. My first was VERY active till the day she was born.. this one.. not as much. She'll go a few hours without moving, and she is just fine :) 37.5 weeks pregnant atm
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 1:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• u can eat and tthen lie on your side or drink some soda thatt usually always gets a baby moving. but after doing it lie down on your side.also you can try eating ice then laying down.hope it helps god luck!
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 2:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• the further along you get the less room they baby has try softly massaging your stomach it worked good for my daughter when i wanted her to move,
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 3:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2009