Do most babies do this?

At around 7 months does most babies go through a spurt of not sleeping well at night? i keep reading questions about this? Just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son just turned six months and this has been happening to him i think it is because of teething. but i dont know the case with your little one
    victoriak12708

Answer by victoriak12708 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• they can. They are just like adults, sometimes we sleep well and sometimes we don't. Did you change something in the room or the bed or the detergent for the sheets? I didn't use fabric softner on the sheets that had perfumes in it (or laundry detergent with fragrances). Back then we had babies sleep on their belly and I always thought it was too much to have their nose on the sheet and forced to smell a fragrance they might not like or that was too strong for them.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My daughter didnt....infact that was the month she actually slept through the night. But babies do it for all kinds of reasons.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• its actually 6 months they hit a growth spurt... 2 weeks 3 weeks 3 months 6 months and 9 months.....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• momnbabygirl there are other growth spurts too, like the 12 week on . My son is going thru it but he sleeps alot better, not worse at this age. It could be teeth, or something I recently read suggested that around 6-8 months is when babies beginn to dream of things other than abstact items. Meaning they can connect the dots in the dream. It could be at that age they dream of things that scared them, or just that the dreams are more vivid could be wakign them up.I think thats an interesting theory and I know when I have vivid dreams or nitemares, I sleep horribly.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My 11 month old never went through that, but I have heard of babies doing that often. I'm sure it's normal =)
    Crystal2509

Answer by Crystal2509 at 1:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• bearsjen.. 12 weeks... which is 3 months....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• heh heh. "Sleeps like a baby" is the world's greatest LIE.

Yes, this is completely normal. Sleeping more than a few hours at a time is unusual.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I have noticed with my littles that when they start learning to roll and crawl they get excited and don't want to sleep. They will get up in the middle of the night, roll over, and be so happy they can crawl that they don't want to go back to sleep. With any milestone, whether it teething, babbling or any new skill, they get a little thrown off of their routine. :)
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 1:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I agree with everyone haha..it could be many things...growth spurts can be painful sometimes so that can keep baby up..teething also can keep baby up..over excitment due to a new skill can keep baby up...and dreams
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 4:52 PM on Aug. 8, 2009