What is a good beach on the east coast for off season?

We are looking at going to the beach for a week or a long weekend sometime after labor day, most likely the end of Sept. beginning of Oct. A vacation is much needed. We will have our three kids with us, 2 1/2, 1 1/2 and a 2 month old. So somewhere family friendly would be great. We live in pa and don't want to travel real far, top 6 hours. Either a rental house or a hotel would be fine. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Travel

• well you should be going to florida because it will still be blazing hot and awesome at that time of the year. but if you dont want to go that far, what about the jersey shore? seaside heights or wildwood has greatboardwalks and rides and a beach but its gonna be pretty cold by then. what about atlantic city? stay in a nice hotel with a pool and a jacuzzi and then theres a boardwalk and beach and all the resturants and casinos. my fav hotel there is the trump taj mahal.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Rehoboth, DE

Answer by rkoloms at 2:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I've been to Rehoboth, DE and Ocean City, MD and they were both a lot of fun. However, the last time I've been was probably 16 years ago when I was around 14, so I don't know how it is these days.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• For a quiet and not crowded, I like Nags Head, NC
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I have to agree with the NC. My husband and I honeymooned in Kitty Hawk, NC in October. It was beautiful. The water was a little cold, but we had tons of fun walking and playing on the beach. There is still a decent amount of restaurants and things open and there are great sales on beachwear during the off season! Note: Domino's is the only pizza place that delivers on the whole island during the off season.
    mkJenne

Answer by mkJenne at 5:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2009