What do you do now, as a mother, that you thought you'd NEVER do before you had kids?

I used to watch moms wipe snot and muck off their kids' faces and think "Ewww! I'll NEVER do that!" But yeah, okay. Now I don't think twice about grabbing snot off my daughter's face.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Use a child harness and spank.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 1:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• this is a great question, lemme think... well I guess for me I just didnt think I could be so relaxed. I am way less militant about things like sleeping positions, using a paci, keeping a scheduale , ect than I thought I would be. When preg I never thought I would let my 4 month old sleep with a blanket and now lol he sleeps with his face smooshed in it!I also tell my teen son"I cant wait til you have kids and they pull this same crap I will laugh and laugh and tell them to do it more" lol.....I remember my mom saying that to me and thinking'I will never be like you so my kids will listen to me so there :oP" lol well my mom is in heaven laughing now!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• oh and a big one, go days without a shower lol.(smells self falls over)< THUMP>
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I never thought I would give up going out as much. I was all "pssh I can take MY kid to a movie and he will be fine."

Lol.....
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 1:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I never thought that I would be missing my 17-18 year old body. Getting pregnant 3 months after getting married/turning 18 sure changed that, though. I also never thought I would have stretch marks before I was like 25 (when I figured I'd start having kids). Or be in a jean size above a 9 before I was like 25 lol (I'm just about back there, thanks to WW).

Basically, all the stuff about me and my body now. All the stuff I thought I'd never do as a mom concerning kids (wiping snot, eating after them, etc.) I still get sick at the thought of, so that's daddy's job lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Using my spit to clean my child's face. I hated when my mom did it and swore I never would, but guess what I have.

Or use the ole' because I said so answer
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 1:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• lol about the cleaning the face with spit. I did that to my 3yo the other day because she had dirt on her nose. She thought it was funny. My older kids hate when I do that and I do it just to annoy them now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• say WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FROM! wipe snot, watch spongebob, and basically have a maternal instinct. before i had kids, i HATED kids, wanted nothing to do with them, they smelled funny and were annoying. Then after i had kids i realized the only reason i felt that way was because i wanted to be like my older sister who is a femanazi. Nowadays i can't stand my sister and i want to become a foster parent.
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I never thought I'd be making bows, dresses, tutus, etc. 1) I was a tomboy growing up. I hated dolls, Barbies, etc. 2) I went to college AND graduate school and now I make girly stuff LOL. Need an advanced degree for that! For the record, I work in my studied field also and the girly stuff is done on the side. Too bad I didn't discover my talents before taking on several thousand dollars worth of student loan debt :P
    PeaInMyPod

Answer by PeaInMyPod at 2:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i never thought i would be so excited to see my daughter poo in the toilet!!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2009