Did you take drama/theater arts in high school? If so, I have a question that might shock you.

This is an honest to goodness question:

During play season, was EVERYONE hooking up with each other? Jeez, it's almost like everyone got hormone shots along with their scripts.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• its kindof like a reality show... you're all in such close proximity and spend so much time together that something is bound to happen
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No not really lol but then i come from a very small school.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Believe it or not...no one in our drama group was that way. Could be we had such a small school, 23 kids in my senior class.
    The only ones that were a couple were me and my bf, and the funniest part was we ended up playing mother and son in the play. lmao THAT made for some good jokes though.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No, but there was major drama between current couples.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 1:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I was on the stage crew my senior year and I noticed a little of that BUT...I went to an all girl school and the only time there were guys around was when we were doing the musical. They came from the boy schools around us so it was like OPPORTUNITY, lol. There were only a handful of guys on the stage crew and they were all there because their girlfriends made them join. It was a blast, though.
    And I agree with pookipoo...when you are spending hours and hours after school (we were there from 3-8pm most days) and Saturdays (towards the end we were working 12 hour days both the crew and the cast) you get really close and it just happens. I made a lot of good friends working on the musical and regret not doing it my other 3 years in school.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Not at my school LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i remember when i was the lead role in our play, i hooked up with the male lead.... but i think it was just us two!!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• ROFLMAO! Pretty much! Myself and a few others seemed to have missed our "shots" the day we got our scripts, but yes...it seemed like everyone was trying to hook up with someone! I had lead roles everytime, but the closest to romance I ever got was when my character shared an on-stage kiss with the male lead (NOT an enjoyable experience!).
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Not that I recall. Our theater group was filled with pre-established couples, though. But that was college theater. I didn't do theater in HS.

We did have a great deal of that couple drama smarshy mentioned.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• In my school we were SUCH a tight nit group- We had a 300,000 stage/booth/stadium seating auditorium (my school concentrated on the arts) most people that were involved with Drama or theater dated within that clique, so yes, we did hook up with each other. LOL but we were dating- most of us with the same boyfriends/girl friends for all four years of high school. We would changed in each other's dressing rooms, change on the stage in front of each other, I mean, there really wasn't any boundaries for us!!! God ONLY if our parents knew why we loved theater so much!!! There was this one girl who hooked up with our student drama teacher- SOO illegal... he shouldn't be a teacher, because I would guess within 5 years he will be sitting in jail for statutory rape! LOL

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 3:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2009