What do YOU consider a "small town"?

My hometown only has about 20,000 people in it. I used to think it was considered a "city", but apparently most people consider that a piddly little hick town. Where I come from (in NC), a piddly little hick town only has like 2,000 or less people in it. The town I live in now has closer to 35,000 people in it.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My town has approx. 25,000 people, is the largest town in the county, and it is what I consider a "small town".

You can't go anywhere without knowing SOMEONE. As a teenager you had to be really careful if you cut school because even if you didn't see someone you knew, somehow your parents always knew you cut because someone THEY knew had seen you.

CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• LOL My town has maybe 3,000 people in it. I consider that small. I consider anything under about 10,000 people relatively small.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• The town I live in now is tiny- less than 30k people. I come from a city of 10 million people so it's just odd to me to be able to drive from one end of town to the other in 10 minutes lol.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• LOLOL I'm not sure how many people there are in one of my hometowns - we moved when I was 16. But when we moved to a teeny tiny town in Montana, there were about 800 living inside the city limits and I ended up with 23 kids in my senior class.
    Now THAT is small town!!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• :]
    I'm a HUGE city girl.. so the town I live in right now is "small" to me. I think it has like.. 40,000 people? I don't even remember now.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• 20k i think thats a decent sized town/city
    the town i grew up in had a pop of 300
    and the nearest city where we went for things (stores and school) about 7 miles away was of a pop just under 8000.
    in the summer (esp 4th july) it would get to be about 40k or so.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• we moved from a town of 9000 to a small town of 100. I love it. so I would say that's small
    ILovetheOutdoor

Answer by ILovetheOutdoor at 1:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• If you don't have a Walmart ..you live in a small town lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Small town=under 50k people. But I grew up in Chicago with 3 million other people.
    I went to college in a small town. There were 17,000 people in the town (not including a couple thousand college students). I loved it. We were the biggest town in the county. I had friends that lived in towns that had less then a couple hundred people.
    I also lived in a town that had a couple thousand people. The town itself was so small you could walk from one end of it to the other in an hour or so (so a couple miles wide). I liked it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• When everyone in the "town" knows your business and what is going on in your life
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2009