My son will be 7 months in 2 weeks and I am wanting to change his car seat

He still is in his infant car seat but he is getting way to big for it and also heavy for me to left. Where can I get one that would be best for him? btw he was 19lb on his 6 months check-up.

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would put him into a convertible car seat. They face backwards but also allow you to turn them front facing when it is time, you can even get some that will turn into a booster seat so you never have to buy anything ever again!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• We have a Compass True Fit, and like it. My twenty five pound toddler still has lots of growing room rear facing. It forward faces pretty high, too, when it come time to turn around.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• due to his weight...id say its past time to change his carseat because my infants carseat has a maximum weight limit of 20 pounds...i recommend weighing him and checking your seat for the weight limit...it says it on the side of the seat....for his safety he needs to not excede the weight limit because if you get into an accident and hes past the weight limit it will not work properly
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 4:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• and when you go to buy a new carseat make sure you look at the minumum weight requirement to make sure he meets it...also for his safety and the proper use of the seat
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 4:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• toys r us normally have good seats as well as target. if u go to toys r us they will actually let you take the seat out and try it in your car to make sure it fits first. For my 16 month old I originally bought a cosco senera for $50 and after we had a car accident i bought him the safety first/compass true fit...I love that seat, especially since it harnesses up to 65 lbs! Definately look for a "convertable" seat which means it will rear face and forward face since he's WAY too young to go into the forward position. 1 AND 20 lbs is the bare minimum but is recommended to keep them rear-facing till 2 and 30 lbs according to the AAP.
    nevaehsmomma83

Answer by nevaehsmomma83 at 4:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Do some research, but I agree that a convertible is the way to go. Keep him rear-facing as long as humanly possibly. I suggest do some research, go to some stores that carry carseats (Target, Babies R Us, etc) to check out the ones you like, then go online, and find the best deal. We found a $300+ Recaro seat online for $174. Top of the line. I scrimp on a lot of things, but safety stuff I won't.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I recommed the True Fit as well. He can be RF up until 35 lbs if you choose, and it also FF to 65 lbs.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 9, 2009