maybe someone already said this, but i can't find it...i heard on am talk radio yesterday that Sarah Palin was saying that Obama's health plan was evil because it would essentially be putting her son with down syndrome on death row

(my words, can't remember hers exactly)

but that her son would have to go before some committee and they would judge if he would be a productive citizen and if not then he would be killed.

and days before i heard something similar, about the elderly.

so anyone that is sick, feeble, old, handicapped, etc... will be murdered for the good of our country if they are unproductive? all based on this *new (health) bill* that no one knows what is in and isn't around yet.

WHAT THE F@%K?!?!?!?!?!?!

someone please explain to me what this crap is all about!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Some will tell you this is more fear mongering...and maybe it is...BUT the full bill isn't written yet some of the things contained in it DO begin us on a slippery path to this maybe becoming a reality. Also, with the way this administration is allowing HUNDREDS of pages to be added to bills hours before they shove them through, we won't know till its too late! If nothing else we need to make these people ( BOTH SIDES ) accountable for reading any bill before the vote on it!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• What we read is what they have offered up. There is nothing else for us to go by. If what they want goes through it will be a death sentence for many.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• As I understand that portion of the bill...they're NOT going to kill disabled children and adults, but they are NOT going to get the lifetime care that they need. If they are not deemed "worthy" of certain care, they will be denied. Should that denial result in death....oh well (according to ObamaCare).
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Do not like that Sarah Pallin is using her son as an example. Use yourself, but not your minor child as a poster child- as a parent I do not support this practice. Her son will never be able to give informed consent or make critical decisions, and he deserves his privacy/anonymity to be respected and protected by his parents.

She's using her son and his medical condition to stir-up fear in others-that's exploitation, imo.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• LoriKeet there isn't even a bill yet (right?)
    so how can you understand that portion of it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• LoriK-
    That's exactly what happens in medical care NOW!

Ask any acutely ill cancer pateint trying to figure out how to pay for the costly life saving drugs that their insurance company has deemed "OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF PRACTICE."
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Yes.....What she REALLY shoud do Sister act is parade them around on the cover of EVERY major magazine and tabloid. and talk about the promises of the dog they are getting and the sleepovers they are having.....Oh WAIT..THATS the obamas...my bad
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I think Sarah speaking up for down syndrome kids is excellent! So many are thrown away! go to reecesrainbow.com
    She has the life story and is what she says why not see her darling precious son as an example of those that will be left behind to their own health problems and have a very sick society where Darwinisam is acceptable!T he love of money is the root of all EVIL!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• follow Sarah on facebook and twitter, you go girl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Sisteract

Both of my children have autism, and since they are young, they cannot speak up for themselves (in time I fully expect that they will be able to, but not right now). So, do I just sit back, say nothing, and wait until they are capable of making informed decisions on their own behalf, or do I as a loving and concerned parent advocate on their behalf in the meantime?!

I do not participate in anything related to Autism Speaks, nor do I endorse the "Jenny McCarthy's" of the world because THEY exploit children to further their agenda. I do not use my children as pawns, nor do I exploit them for MY gains. I speak out for THEIR benefit--and as long as I am drawing a breath, I will continue to do so!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2009