Girl Scout Journeys

Would it be wrong of me, since myd aughters troop has decided not to do the journeys, to buy this workbook and let her do it at home on the weekends? She really is interested in doing these programs and i feel like she should at least have the option but the troop is so large they dont think they can do it and od the badges so would it be wrong to let her do them at home? Is that even allowed?

elananme

Asked by elananme at 2:41 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I am the leader for two troops.
    We are starting the new program (journey) this year. You can do it on your own. Just make sure your daughter completes all the activites for each block. You can buy a leader and girl book set that will show you how to teach it. Its more than just the girl book. If you have questions, shoot them my way. Good luck and hope she likes the new program.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Thanks for the info. Theres over 60 girls in my daguthers multi level troop. and there so many they just cant do everything. My daughter wants the bronze awards and journeys etc and there just isnt enough time to do it all
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 4:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• find the council shop near you and they will have all the books and information...Maybe you should start your own troop w/ a few girls that have the same goals as your daughter...its really not that bad---and your daughter will get more from the journey program by doing it with other girls.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 5:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I think it would be perfectly appropriate to do it at home. It's still Girl Scout oriented, even if the troop doesn't do it.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 7:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I think it would be great to do with her. Might need to see who needs to sign off on it but I believe as long as all of the activities are completed, your leader should not have a problem. If so, she could always go her own.
    Tamalama65

Answer by Tamalama65 at 5:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2009