My Daughter's Wetting The Bed (Her Diaper Leaks)

For the past few nights, Jazmin (my 7 month old daughter) has been wetting the bed because her diaper has been leaking. It doesn't leak because it's a bad diaper, it leaks because it's completely full. She sleeps 12-13 hours a night, and I change her just before I put her to bed and right when she wakes up, but it's not enough. I don't want to have to wake her up in the middle of the night to change her, but I will if I have to.
Also, she's been fighting a bacterial rash (which she got from a case of diarrhea). I finally got it to settle, but now it's starting to rage again. It was really bad before, and I'm worried about it coming back. What can I do???

Call-Me-Mommy

Asked by Call-Me-Mommy at 2:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I say you should try the night diapers despite the weight thing because my daughter satrted leaking in her newborns and I switched her to size two which says 11 pounds to like 16 pounds I believe and she was only like 9 pounds and they still worked..it really depends on the waist size of your child and how tight you do the diapers and even different brands might help with the leaking... like ones with extra absorbancy (like the bed time diapers)
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 4:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• That's what I had to do with my son is changed him in the middle of the night cuz his diper was full and it leaked, I just gave him a bottle with some water or a binkey and he went right back to sleep and there were nights that he didn't even wake up when I changed him
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My dd would be wet in the morning too. I finally tried the Huggies night diapers and I love them, no more wet nights. They hold a lot more than regular diapers my daughter also sleeps around 12 hours so it's full. I've also tried the pampers brand and they are really good too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• She is 18 pounds, and the nights ones I've seen so far are from 22 pounds and up. Does that really matter, or should I still try them?
    Call-Me-Mommy

Answer by Call-Me-Mommy at 3:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• oh I don't know my daughter was around 20 or 21 pounds when I first tried them i'm not sure about 18 pounds, I guess you could try and see if they work. I know before I started using the night time diapers I used the pamper wet/dry and they seem to work best until I could use the night time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Your little girl is a cutie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• When that started happening to my daughter, we moved to the next size up. She's been in size 4's forever now, and she's barely hit the minimum weight (22lbs). Shes almost 18 months but she doesn't leak through them (also, we switched from huggies to pampers, and it made a huge difference)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 3:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My daughter is 4 months, and we had the same problem. She would sleep about 10 hours straight through and wake up soaked. It turns out the diaper was still a little too big and she was wiggling towards one side of the diaper instead of staying towards the middle of it. We went down half a size and that worked out great. Hope that helps some.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2009