How did you know?

How did you know you were pregnant? What convinced you to test? What were your first symptoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well I noticed my boobs started hurting, I was emotional, I was VERY hungry all the time and I was crampy weeks before I was supposed to get my period which isn't normal for me. I normally get my PMS symptoms about 3 days before I get my period. I didn't really think much about it, just wrote it off as maybe I was getting my period early. My SO kept telling me I was pregnant, that "he just knew". Couple days later on my birthday, I went to a psychic just for fun. She told me I was pregnant and I brushed it off. My mom kept telling me I was pregnant too. Finally, 8 days before my missed period I decided to take a test since everyone was convienced I was pregnant and..well, it was positive lol. Another thing that made me test was the day before I took the test, I noticed that all my veins in the chest were very noticable. I pointed them out to my SO and he laughed and said I should just listen and take the damn test already.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i missed my period so i tested
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 2:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• with my 2nd daughter i started getting sick right away so i tested.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 2:52 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Ok-Besides a missed period...lol I forgot to elaborate...lol : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• boobs!
    tender, larger,
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I don't get regular periods EVER sometimes it would be a year between them, I was NEVER concerned about pregnancy, I was sexually active, and on the depo shot- well One day I was just sitting on my sisters couch and was like, I think I might be pregnant, that thought NEVER went through my mind before, I had no symptoms, In fact through out my pregnancy (im now 38 weeks) I haven't been sick, my boobs never hurt, I never had swelling NO symptoms at all. I took a test THAT day, and I was pregnant!! For me I think it was just intuition, which I didn't believe in before it happend to me!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 3:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• first of all, i noticed i was ovulating (based on cervical mucus) the day after unprotected sex. so i was worried! then a couple weeks later my boobs started hurting, which they don't do during my period. so i tested when my period was due and it was positive!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Well, we were testing incessantly, so the test was how I knew! =) I think some of the symptoms were psychosomatic, so it's hard to say what was real and what wasn't that early on, ya know? But the morning sickness was real!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:47 AM on Aug. 9, 2009