How old was your baby/toddler when they completely stopped drinking from a bottle?

My son is now 13 months old, and even though he is finally drinking juice and water out of a sippy cup, he still drinks milk out of a bottle. I havent tried to get him off the bottle yet, because he just started drinking out of a cup about a month ago. (I had tried to get him to drink out of a cup since he was about seven months old, it was very hard for him.) So I am just wondering, how old were yours when they stopped using their bottles completely?

dakajazz23

Asked by dakajazz23 at 3:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd was 12 months, I bought one of thos nuby brand cups with the soft spout and she loved it, It kinda like a transition bottle.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 3:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• 12 months
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• about a year she would bite the tops of the niples off and iwas tired of buy ing them so i got her a cup and told her thats all shewas getting
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 3:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but my daughter still has a bottle, she's slowly weaning herself off of it. I'm not going to rush her.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 3:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Oh, and she's almost 18 months
    Skye-Angel

• My second child was the only one not EBF, so for her, it was on her first birthday, we told her she was a big girl and needed big girl cups. She got some cute sippies for her birthday, and then we went into the kitchen together and threw away all the bottles. She cried for a couple hours, not like a tantrum, just crying, and by naptime, she was using a sippy. Mind you, I have NO clue how that would have gone with either of the boys, so don't think I'm recommending this method. DD just handles things like that well, and we knew she would be OK with it.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 3:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• my daughter tried to get off the bottle at 8 months, so I had to make her take it until 11 mos.... she preferred her sippy...
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• We are going to let him self-wean like he would do if breast-feeding. It's nice to be held in your mama's arm's while nursing or drinking from a bottle.. He's over 2 years, and it's our "cuddle time". It might not be much longer, though. He's growing up really fast.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• my son was 15 months when he started drinkin from a sippy cup. . but he would still cry at nap time for his bottle. . when he turned 17 months i finally threw all the bottles away and he hasn't had a problem with it. . . he is 19 months and doin very good.
    chiachick2005

Answer by chiachick2005 at 7:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My baby has been off the bottle since he was 10 months old. He uses a soft spout sippy. We are working on getting him on the hard spout, he just has to figure out how to drink from it (his birthday is next week).
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 7:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2009