Would u feel the same?

My husband has been taking prescription drug that affect the liver. He is not in pain but likes the effects. I was pissed and we argued over it. He is now mad at me. I seem to always look at the long term later years affect. He use to take my stuff awhile back. He hardly speaks to me now and I doubt we will be doing our trip planned so I'm more pissed off. Bottom line I don't know what to do. He says I treat him like a child but he is my husband and this could affect him in health and me later on in other ways. We have a accaintence who's husband has major liver prob and may pass anytime. What do you think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• She's not controlling, she's concerned. Taking perscription pills merely because they make you "feel good" instead of taking them b/c of pain is a problem and he might want to slow down before it turns into a bad habit.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 4:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• what drugs is he taking?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 3:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• IDK is there something else he could take intsead? but a lot of prescription meds have lots of side effects and your ingesting lots of chemicals but if he needs em he needs em no? i definetly would not fight over something like this though. good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 3:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• takes perscription drugs that are not prescribed to him
    takes for fun
    did I get this right??
    if so.. he is a drug addict
    he sholud get clean or leave him
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Vicodin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• what is he taking them for and how often does he take them. He shouldn't take them if he is driving or looking after a child, when does his prescription run out?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 3:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• He had tooth pain and had it extracted. He got antibotics and vicodin it was 30 now there are 19 he got them tuesday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I see, well he cannot do much when the prescription runs out and it will not affect his liver immediatley. I suggest u try and take one out of the bottle every now and then and just wait for them to be gone. He is only taking one at a time?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 3:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Thank you kirsty! But :( he took the bottle today with him he's at his moms lol talking about my spending which is funny cuz its all for needs not wild spending. He knew I was counting. The day after he got them I put them in the med cabinet and he had a fit "whereb did you put my pills? I hide something that's yours too so until I get them u won't get ur stuff back"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• u have control issues. 30 pills taken over time will not cause liver problems. unless he's out trying to get more for no reason i wouldn't worry about it. unless you've left something out, i don't see the problem. do u really think he had no pain from an extraction?
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 3:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2009