Mucus Plug? Please help!

So I am 32 weeks, I get bi-weekly FFN tests because I have a history of preterm labor- 2 weeks ago my FFN came back negative- YEAH...so that meant for 2 weeks there was no chance of labor. Well this morning I noticed some snot like substance in my panties and when I wiped. I also have "cramps" but no contractions (I have had LOTS of contractions already in this pregnancy- so I do know what they feel like)There has been no other weird discharge or blood of any kind.Do I call triage at my labor and delivery place? Should I be worried at all? I have heard just loosing your mucus plug is no big deal and labor can be weeks away- but is it a bigger deal since I am only 32 weeks? UGH. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mucus plugs can regenerate if they fall out that early, so don't be surprised if it comes out again. Also, are you sure it was the whole thing? The whole mucus plug is about the size of two large cotton balls put together. Just an FYI. It can come out in chunks, which is also normal.
    Because you've had problems with contractions, I would call your doc and see if they want you to come in. There isn't much they can do, but it wouldn't hurt to call.
    Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:45 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I would just call, they can look into your file and determine if you need to come in or not
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• The mucous plug regenerates, so if you feel you may have lost it, you should be alright. Often times, women may just lose a bit of it. Rest and plenty of fluids while you are having cramps should be helpful. You're going to be okay. :)
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 3:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• if i was you, i would call or go in. just to be safe! ya never know

im not trying to scare you, but you know what can happen already, it sounds like you ahve been down that road before

i lost my mucous plug at about 17 wks and a few days later my water broke and about a day after that i delivered my stillborn son. i wasnt sure what it
    was at the time, it was a big glob of mucousy stuff. i didnt know if there was an infection, or if it was a glob of semen from the day before. looking back it was probably my mucous plug. tho the nurses tried to soothe my fears ( was thinking i should have known) and told me it was probably the semen. (sry tmi) . but my water did break and i lost him because of an infection that was unknown. i always heard you can have a lot of discharge too, so i think i thought it might have been that. it was my first pregnancy.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2009