How old must your child be before they can eat Chinese food?

All answers welcome.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends on the food. How old must a child be to eat American food? That also depends on the food. Do you mean take-out? I would give a solid eating older baby some rice or steamed vegetables, but I'd skip anything with all that salty sauce.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• It depends on what it is and how it is prepared. A 6 month old could probably eat mashed rice and plain chicken. You want food to be without seasonings for the first year. Babies can eat peas.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 3:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• if shes under 1 I would make sure whatever you feed her doesn't contain peanut oil, Chinese food uses a lot of peanut oil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I give my 2 year old some of the chicken, rice or noodles with veggies in it. Just in small enough portions.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• this may sound nasty, but my kids never ate baby food. I chew the food up and feed it to them. Makeing little balls on rim of your plate is the easiest way to keep the food coming a the pace they want it. Like I said...it may sound nasty, but that's how my granny and mom did it, and that's how I do it too.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 5:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Soy and wheat are both allergy trigger foods, and should not be given before baby's first birthday.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• GotToHaveFaith, I LOVE your answer. I'm kinda doing the same thing with my daughter, but I don't chew her food up first..lol. I hand make ALL her baby food. My husband thinks it's a waste of time, but I rather know what's going on my child's mouth.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I have a dumb question/answer...okay I will say it, smart ass answer...When do you think Chinese babies chinese food? hehehe....sorry...okay maybe not...hehehe....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Real chinese food- whatever is age appropriate, fast food chinese food I'd stay away from....... Except maybe rice and steamed veggies....

KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 8:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My son has had real asian food since he was 6 months, like rice and such, and I've just stayed away from extra spicy food, but he's had seasoned food, and does just fine with it. He's 11 months now, and gets a taste of almost everything, except any choking hazards or anything with peanuts and such.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:45 AM on Aug. 9, 2009