i need a hair cut.. i have this SILLY mentality that the more u pay the better it will be.

but im broke.. whats a reasonable budget for just a cut..my hair is kinda long..
not sure where to go.. last lady did a number on my hair and that was april.. so i have been scared to go to anyone again.. i was thinking mybe master cuts.. i dont have a car and i was also thinking i could walk to this salon next to stater brothers..
is thirty bucks max enough to get a good cut.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Yes! My mother cuts mine because I dont have to pay for it! She does a really good job!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 4:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i think thats true to a point... in my experience a fancy salon does a better job than supercuts!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I think so. I would rather go to a chain salon - I just can't spend more than $25 on a haircut. I could on color, but not just a haircut. I always get the same style anyway.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 6:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No you're right the more you pay the better the cut usually is! I'd say budget at least $35 for a good hair cut. No $8 hair cut you get is going to look good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I pay $10 for a haircut and it is near perfect each time. Whereas in the past i've paid as much as $60 just for a few inches to be taken off and been completely disgusted by the end results.. So no it isn't true the more you pay the better the cut.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:23 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• "No $8 hair cut you get is going to look good. "

That's a lie!
    KalebsMommee

• It depends on the stylist! I go to Great Clips and see a lady there. She is the ONLY person allowed to touch my hair. It's a $13 hair cut and it looks great every time. She does exactly what i ask, well, once she told me no because it would look bad but then suggested something different that was Awesome! I LOVE Teresa and no other person will ever touch my hair again. Not even at a $50 place.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Last 3 times I cut my hair they all did a number on me. The first one was $5, no joke, I didnt know it was a July special (july 08) then the next one was $35, still crap, then the last was in feb and it was $18. so price means nothing. Because if its a high end neighbor hood they can charge you higher. Ask around, ask friends where they go in town. Go in for a consultant before letting anyone pick up scissors, so they know for sure what you want. Good luck!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Now I will say that you will pay for what you get! I can not go to a cheep place to get my hair done, any time I have ever tried I walked out with a horrible cut.

The Salon I go to now charges me $100 for my cut and color and I walk out happy every time.

I think the newbies start out at the smaller or cheap hair shops and when they really are good and know what they are doing move into a better salon.
    TheWAHM

Answer by TheWAHM at 5:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes, I agree. Dont try to get a new style change at supercuts. I pay $95 for a cut only and he has 30+ yrs of experience and it shows.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2009