Post baby belly!

So im 27 and had our 1st baby a beautiful little girl back in November last year. She's 8 1/2 months old, and although i have a fantastic husband who tells me im beautiful every single day, and how much he finds me attractive and sexy, i am having BIG issues with myself. I have "the belly" left over from the pregnancy, and its not even much, ive seen worse, but i guess its more the amount of stretch marks i have. This summer when watching people out and about and shopping for clothes, i automatically have to veer to the tankini section to cover it up, and its getting me down.
I know it hapens, i just really want to know there are more of you out there that feel the same, and im not a weirdo with war wounds!!! Lol, x

Texanairforce1

Asked by Texanairforce1 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah i have that too! when im done having kids i am so getting a tummy tuck!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I also wear now a tankini instead of a bikini! I could still wear a bikini but I don't want nobody to see my stretchmarks... They get lighter and lighter but I know they are there and maybe other people can see them...
    My hips are also wider than before...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 4:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• have you tried any special creams to get rid of some of your stretch marks and seriously lighten the serious ones...I know not all of them work but several of them do so i recommend trying some and seeing what works for you...and next time I reccomend using lotion on your butt,breast,and stomach atleast twize a day to soften up your skin so it stretches better and doesnt leave as many stretch marks...it saved my stomach and I came out stretch mark free there but I didnt even think to use it on my breast butt and thight and I have plenty of stretch marks there..the kind I used was baby lotion because I think it smeels good...but thats just me lol...and I know people who have used virgin cocunut oil and it helped them alot but these things only help to prevent not treat
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 4:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I used those stretchmark lotions twice a day, they didn't work for me! One day I woke up and the stretchmarks on my belly were there! But at least I don't have stretchmarks anywhere else...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 4:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I basically hate my body, now. I had our first baby last October. I was one week shy of 19, two weeks before our 1 year anniversary. Let's just say that recovering from childbirth and dealing with a 2 week old baby was not how I invisioned my first wedding anniversary.

My husband claims that my body doesn't bother him, but I'm still carrying like 15lb of extra weight that I had leftover from being pregnant and the Mirena. It's getting better, but I won't even look at bathing suits now because I got stretch marks on my legs, too. I don't want to go anywhere near a pool or anything for a very long time.

It drives me nuts because I had just started losing MY baby fat when I got pregnant. My body was almost how I wanted it to be. I wanted to tone up a little, that was it. Now, BAM! It;'s over. My body's ruined.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I just had our first baby in March, so I have a TON of left over skin! Not only do I have stretch marks, but I lost over 50 lbs in the past 3 months (I only gained 20 with my daughter) so now I'm left with a HUGE saggy skin flap and a spot where my cute lil' innie belly button lived! lol. Besides having gnarly stretch marks and super saggy skin..I have a C-Section scar the size of Texas!!! It's HUGE, thick, long, raised up, and just plain gross. Ugh, I'm done venting..I'm depressing myself..lol
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I have two kids and they are 2 and 4. My body recovered from the first one but not the second. It went to my bummy and not the belly. ( i eat alot thats where the belly came from LOL) I totally hate shopping for myself. I was a size 5 my whole life and even after baby #1 then after baby #2 i am now a size 14.......oh yeah. My husband says to just be freaking happy! So thats what im doing.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2009