What are your personal "mom phrases"

like:

"Because I'm your mother" or "Because I said so"

Things like that.

My mom used "5, 6, 7, 8..." When I was in trouble and if I didn't stop before 10 I would get a spanking.. she started off at 5 because I would wait til 8 to stop whatever I was doing. Lol, I was a smart cookie =]

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 4:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• "Don't ask me why. I'm your mother, that's why!" I think why is the most disrespectful response to any command. "Don't waste or make a mess." I say that one a thousand times a day.

I never liked "Because I said so" when I was a kid. Now, it makes so much sense.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• "Stop it or I will tickle your belly" "Stop it or Ill smack your bum" dont actually do any of those but the saying work!
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 4:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• "Do you want the choke?" Ha ha It is a joke in our family, we would never choke our kids, but sometimes would like to...lol
    Every morning before school I tell my 10 yr old, " do you best work today, work your hardest".
    I am sure there are more...lol.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• we used to say don't kill each other until your 18 but now theya re that old so but it was funny having 2boys and 2girls it leads to some combat
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i just say "do you want me to slap your nose?" i dont know why i say it,i wouldnt ever slap my kids nose,now his butt thats a whole different story. :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I say," there's more at the store" referring to if someone is about to eat the last of something and another person gets upset by it

"if I have to tell you one more time to stop doing that, I will smack your butt"

wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• When my daughters say "I'm bored" I say "I'm not the entertainment committee" They have successfully learned to entertain themselves with out the television :)
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 6:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I am always crying out with my arms in the air: "Help Me, Jesus!!" lol That always makes them laugh and they think I am such a D.Q.
    pinksafyre

Answer by pinksafyre at 6:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• When my girls what to know why it has to be my why, weather it is about something they want or to go some where, I just say, I gave birth to you and that trumps everything!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 7:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2009