What else can you use to straighten your hair besides a relaxer?

I know many women just say wear it natural but I do not care for afros and some of the products they recommend are expensive.

Brickhouse95

Asked by Brickhouse95 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• a hot comb and a flat iron?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• For some reason the hot comb brought up painful memories of my mom doing my hair but I will try the flat iron!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i'm surprised you've never tried one before! if you have a hairstylist you go to ask her to recommend you a good one :]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• haha a hair straightener...no offence but DUH
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• btw your children are beautiful..and you look GORGEOUS in your wedding pictures!
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• hug4a...
    haha a hair straightener...no offence but DUH

Well I have a hard time doing my own hair and my hairstylist does not do that for our type of hair. I do not go to the private business to get my hair done. I go to mainstream and/or national salons to get my hair done such as JCPenney, Regis, etc. The places that are predominately black put to much extra product in my hair and I do not like that.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I checked out your photos (beautiful by the way) to see what your hair is like. I would suggest a good flat iron, but a good one will set you back a pretty penny. You want to be able to control the heat settings. Also, don't forget to use a product that protects your hair from the heat so there's less damage. I like the Maxius (sp?) MaxiGlide steam flat iron, my hair is fine, but many of my family members have very thick hair. It works great, but it's a little pricey (about $100+) Google it and see what you think. Also, it may take a little longer to get the look you want, so practice! Good luck!
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 6:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Hot comb girl!! I wear my hair natural bc I have HORRIBLE memories of relaxer, hot combs..you name it..lol I just rock my fro everywhere I go, or wrap my hair up.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 6:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2009