Anyone have any good weight loss tips for nursing moms.

My daughter is 5 months old and I still have 10-12 lbs to lose.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Weight Watchers has a nursing Mom's program. I did it online only (no meetings) and it really helped me. Basically, you keep track of everything you eat (portion sizes too!) using a "points" system based on Calories, Fat & Fiber. It is a really sensible and effective plan.

Walking helps too!
    Good luck!
    MarigoldsMama

Answer by MarigoldsMama at 5:52 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I second weight watchers and walking. It's amazing!
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 5:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I get on the ground and play with my daughter a lot. I've noticed that the more I get down on the ground to play with her, the more I use my core muscles to keep up with her. I've lost over 50 lbs in the past 3 months (she'll be 5 months on the 11th) and I only gained 20 lbs with her, so playing with her as much as I do really has paid off. I'm also still nursing and I walk around the block a few times a day. Hope that helped some :)
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Just eat healthy, no junk. Since it is nice out go for walks. It will come off. The last 10 are always the hardest.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 8:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My DD is 5 mos. and I bf. I was able to lose all the weight, but I admit that there were many times I under ate. I don't diet, per se, but I def. keep track of what I eat in my head. Let's say I have a muffin or an ice cream, I will eat very healthily the rest of the day so the calories don't add up. I walk whenever i can, like at work, I'll walk down 7 flights of stairs rather than take the elevator. I have a Wii fit and just started doing the running one, but I can't do it everyday. I don't eat fast food (maybe once every 3 mos). It's worked for me. But, my MIL told me that her last 10 lbs. came off after she finished bf'ing. I've heard some women's bodies hold onto that last 10 lbs. It makes sense to me.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 8:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Lots of walking (the baby in a pack adds weight!), and try to cut out liquid calories (juices, Frappuccinos, etc). Make sure your calories are above 1800 (the minimum for nursing), and make the calories you DO eat count. Lots of whole grains, lean proteins, fruits and veggies, all the usual stuff they tell you. Diet and exercise. As for me, nursing has increased my appetite, and I actually GAINED weight BFing, so I just hope it will come off when I am finished.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:43 AM on Aug. 9, 2009