Does it count as prayer

When you say "oh God" during sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Huh. At the risk of taking this a whole other direction - why do people say oh god during sex? It seems like a really bad time to be bringing up religion ya know? At least for a Christian, for us it wouldn't be so much inappropriate as irrelevant, unless it was Freya's name brought up.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Grow up.  I'm not religious at all and I find this ridiculous.

Why do you find it necessary to stir up drama?

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:41 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Wow. I was being serious. Tantric sex is based on the idea that you are the most focused during an orgasm. It has the clearest thought and gets your idea across better than at any other time. Why does it have to be drama?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I think you misunderstand prayer. Prayer is not prayer just because you mention God's name. It is a conversation with God.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I don't think it does. I guess it could cause of you're saying Oh God and truly talking to God, idk are you thanking him for the ability to have sex and thanking him for how awesome it is?If you are then I guess but idk.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 5:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Does it need intent? If you are focused and open in that moment would it channel whatever you were thinking right to Him?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• say oh God in sex is not a prayer. prayer is a conversation with christ. You wouldn't have a conversation with anyone while having sex. I don't know what your thinking but oh God, oh God, yes, yes, That feels so good and or give it to me...doesnnt sound like a prayer God would want to hear, and I don't know anyone one who says; "oh God forgive me" while having sex unless thier feeling bad because thier cheating on thier man
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 5:53 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• You actually think this is a serious question? At that moment I'm not thinking about God, I know He is always with me and the sexual expression between a loving husband and wife is beautiful and God ordained. But I'm totally focused on my husband at that moment as it should be.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• The bible says He will accept the praises of the rocks if we don't praise Him so I'm guessing He will accept your "thanks" of Oh God during sex as a praise to what He just provided. You go girl.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Well I'll raise my hand and say I'm guilty of saying "Oh God" during sex. And it is a thank you to the gods for the wonderful feelings going through my body at the time. I wouldn't consider it prayer. Just an acknowledgement of the gods gifts. :)

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2009