security system problems?

O.K. do any of you have a motion security system? They swear to us it is heat/motion sensored. Well we have it in our basement and it has went off three times in a year no reason no disturbance and always 2-6 in the morning. No way animals can get into this basement. It is suppose to be pet safe also so unless the animals weighs more than 40 lbs. they shouldnt set off anyways. The police or security place have no explinations. My question is could it be a ghost? I do not beleive in them and always thought they put of cold not heat for those of you that beleive or for those that may have a motion security system do any of you have any advice. It is such a horrible feeling to wake up to that sound and to go get your kids and wait for police and nothing be there. I have contacted the security place and told them they better get someone out here to fix it but they do not know where to start. Any advice would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I don't know what it could be, and I do believe in spirits to an extent. But I don't think a spirit could weigh 40lbs to set it off....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Oh. wow......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I believe in ghosts but I don't think it's a ghost. You may just have a motion detector that is defective. We had one of those animal motion detectors. One day I left my windows open and the wind moving the curtains set the alarm off. If I were you, I would let the company know that I will be testing the system, arm it and then test to see how sensitive it really is.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• my system goes off everyday for no reason. I had it shut off. and it still goes off. No i have to have it removed from the house. I will never get one again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2009