Moon Me

I mean, what does a full moon mean?

What do the other moon phases mean and how does that affect your life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOLOLOL, I started to search for funny "mooning pics" to put on here.

During the waxing phase, that is when the moon is growing to full. It is used when you want to draw things to you. Perfect time to build up to the full moon, which is the most powerful phase.
    The next phase is waning, During this phase is a time for banishment. A time to remove negative things from you. Leading up to the dark moon during which no magical work is usually done. It is a time for mediation and reflection.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Depends which phase you are asking about. It's too much to post here in 940 characters. i'm sure someone will condense it for you. I suggest the group Spiritual Power. They have a couple posts on this topic.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• my cycle comes in with the FM. SO wants sex more during a FM. I seldom leave my home during a FM. To me it means odd things can happen so I choose to stay indoors and as safe as I can be
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Not really sure how it effects me personally, since I dont really pay attention. But it really effects my husband work. All the nuts (no offense people) come out during the full moon phase and he is way busy rounding them up. When he was an EMT (well when he worked as an EMT in an ambulance since he still is one) he was way busy as well. Lots of people doing weird things and it always seemed to be more shootings and such.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Did you know women are more likely to go into labor on a full moon?? No really my SIL works at the hospital in her town and she says it never fails. I notice my autistic kids tend to get more worked up as the full moon approaches. Their behaviors and stims come on a bit stronger.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• C'mon pnwmom I wanna see the pics!! LOL. Just kidding. No desire to see someone's back side. After that pic of the dragon tatoo from one of my groups I don't think I could handle it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Actually now you mention it its true. When I worked in the NICU/L&D we would often have a bumper crop of labor patients on the full moon. Babies ended up in the NICU often then too :(
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• The moon's gravitational pull has a huge influence on the Earth.  For one thing it is responsible for the ocean tides.  It takes approx 28 days for the moon to make a complete rotation and it is believed that our menstrual cycles are directly tied in to the lunar cycle.  It is also possible that mental stability is affected by the lunar cycle.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Everything has gravity. Even people, animals and dust... However larger items like planets and moons have much more because they are so much larger. When their is a full moon the moon is closest to us so there is a stronger gravitational pull towards it. Because of this the way our brains and sometimes bodies function is altered for about 3 days.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:00 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• In metaphysical terms this is the moons time of greatest strength. In the weeks building up to the full moon magical beings build in magic/power which caps at the full moon and in the weeks following it their power/magic wains to it's weakest point during the "New Moon" or "Dark Moon." For witches the weeks between the dark moon and the full moon are great for drawing things near or doing blessings where they want goodness to grow. The weeks between the full and dark moon are good for the opposite - banishing and reflection.