Am I Being Rude?

I was supposed to go to an amusement park with my friend and kids. I'm four months pregnant and got completely sick today and dont feel like doing anything. Last night when my "friend" called me her oldest daughter who is 12 was going off in the background saying I need to have her brother sleep over, who is completely disrespectful in my house. All her children are and it has made me not to want my daughter to be around them. Well I basically lied to her today and came up with some huge excuse why we arent going. I know she'll stop by without asking so I parked my car at my neighbors so she wont seeing when she comes by. I know I shouldnt have to go to these extremes but enough is enough from them.. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont think you should have lied. I would have told her the truth. that her kids are out of control and you dont like it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I think if you are feeling this way it is time to tell her, that you either don't want to be friends anymore or what exactly makes you not want to be around her and her kids.
    It is a tough situation for sure. :(
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Nope. You're entitled to your opinions and feelings... if you don't like how her kids act, and whatever, you have the freedom to walk away from that friendship.
    You're right, you shouldn't have to go through those types of extremes. Sorry you're going through that and dealing with pregnancy! :[
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• you should be honest. let her know her kids are fucking brats and you don't want them in your house or around your kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• hehehe, no I don't think your being rude, I don't like rude little bratty kids either!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I think you should have just flat out told her..what you did isnt rude but its kind of immature. The adult thing to do would be to tell her "hey I dont like your bratty kids,keep them away from mine because I dont want them to be little turds like yours" Well maybe THAT woulld be kinda rude..so maybe saying that in a nice way..
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• if you don' t want to be around them then just don't agree to go so you don't have to lie to get out of it

Answer by admckenzie at 7:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• You are 4 mos pregnant. How much fun can an amusement park be. Your friend should understand that. But, you can't avoid her forever. Let her know how uncomfortable you are around her kids. or plan outings of shorter duration so you aren't stuck all day at an amusement park or have her kids over night.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2009