Drinking after pregnancy

I had my son three weeks ago and I been wanting have a margarita or 2 or 3 lol. But I'm scared that its too soon. This was my first pregnancy so im clueless. I had him vaginal. Is it ok to have a drink or should I wait till my six weeks are up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Health

• Why would you have to wait? You do not drink during pregnancy because the alcohol could damage the forming baby. Are you breastfeeding? If so, then you need to prepare for the night off and not breastfeed your child after you have caught a buzz.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 6:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• You don't have to wait... you would if you're breastfeeding and don't want to transfer - I don't remember how long you have to wait...
    but another easy remedy is just to express milk - have fun drinking, and give the baby expressed milk whenever he gets hungry.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• We had champagne popped within 15 minutes of my delivery (I only had one glass). You can have one drink just after you nurse; wait at least an hour to nurse again.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Same advice as other moms. If you are BF, pump some extra milk, or if not then go have fun.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 6:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2009