Watching Toddlers and Tiaras

Who else thinks the way the parents treat there young children on that show is horrific,and what kind of 4 year old wears THAT much makeup ive never worn THAT much makeup before in my WHOLE life I want my daughter to be in pageant and stuff but only i she wants to,and they will NEVER be as serious as the ones on that show, theyll be the more natural makeup free kind.

hug4akiss

Asked by hug4akiss at 6:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was more concerned with the mother of the twins who favored the one over the other and then the one she shoved aside happened to win and THEN she started paying attention to her. It was disgusting... people put their best face forward when in front of a camera and it makes me wonder how badly that child is treated when the cameras are not there!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• ditto,some people are sick
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• one mother jjust said "it doesnt matter what she wins,as long as she wins something"
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I've seen the commercials for that show and won't watch it. Personally, I think that kids that age should not look like corner girls....putting it as nice as possible. It also kind of teaching that looks are the most important thing and winning is everything. What's going to happen in the real world when those kids grow up a little bit and they lose at something? They are not going to be able to deal with it appropriately.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 6:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i think the mothers and fathers who do this to their kids should be SHOT!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i tried to get dh to turn that on, rahter than sports. he said all those moms are fat.. wtf?? so i said okay, as soon as they show 5 fatties we'll switch, took about 1 minute, idk if it was just that episode but living through your kids is very unhealthy!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i don't watch it, but i have seen clips and ads for it. what bothered me was when the girls would be screaming and crying, do they let them go home? i didn't watch so i don't know.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 7:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• ive NEVER watched an episode where a child was allowed to leave early...not matter how much they were screaming and crying...but I dont watch it that much just 2day and one other time...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 7:41 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Those little girls look like adults with all of that make up on. They go through great lengths to win those pageants. They have fake teeth and/or bleach their teeth, put on fake nails, etc. I think that a beauty pageant should be based off of real "natural" beauty because that is the beauty that they have before they "cake up" their faces with make up. What about those little girls self esteem. Girls these days seem to always have to compete with what "society" is saying is beautiful like being thin, having long hair, etc. Girls should feel comfortable in their own skin and work with the natural beauty they have. JMO.
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 7:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2009