Why r children so hard headed?

You ask them to sat down , you turn your back for a min. and they r up again. What can u do?

queenpyb

Asked by queenpyb at 6:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do your children have an understanding of the consequences of not listening? There should either be a punishment for not doing what they are told to do or a reward for complete a series of tasks. You need to be very clear regarding your expectations and you need to be very consistent with rewards and punishments.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• it's genetic. If you don't like that one then children learn what they live. Take your pick
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• what anon 7:08 said. seriously its true. Drives me crazy makes my parents laught
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I agree with rkoloms. Consistent and clear expectations and policies. Children need boundaries.

Answer by Bmat at 7:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Because people in general are hard headed and children are little people. Thats why.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Because if they were soft headed they'd die easier. LOL That's what my brother said when I stated the question out loud.

Seriously, I have no clue, but be consistent. They get up, put them back down, over and over and over, you just have to outlast them.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 7:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Be patient, especially if your child is a young toddler (12-24 months of age). Be consistent and set firm boundaries. You may find yourself redirecting your child a hundred times in one day, but eventually, it will sink in.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2009