Cool whip as frosting... ?

I'm making cupcakes for my daughters bday and it calls to frost them with cool whip instead of frosting.

Will it get runny if left room temperature for a little while? I don't want to frost them all last minute because of this possibility.

They're devil's food oreo cheesecake cupcakes.. if there's any other suggestions with what I can top them with. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I hate cool whip
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• You can ask over at Cake Central.  It's free to sign up.  It's a site for professional and beginner cake bakers/decorators.  Ask them in one of the forums.  You will get lots of replies,  guaranteed!

By the way, your cake sounds delicious!  Not sure about the Cool Whip.  I used it once on cupcakes, and it just didn't taste as fresh as it should have.

happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 6:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• do it and put them in the refrigerator

Answer by admckenzie at 7:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Room temperature won't bother them for a little while, especially if they are refrigerated until needed. If they sat in the sun in very hot weather, it would be a problem.

Answer by Bmat at 7:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• can you add a little bit of regular frosting to the cool whip, maybe it wont get runny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Frost them and keep in the fridge. Or just sprinkle with powdered sugar. I wouldn't use frosting, it may be too sweet.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 9, 2009