Why is there more crime during a full moon?

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is actually why use the word "looney" it comes from "lunar". There is also more accidents and more labors and births (my MIL is a BCLC. She used to be a midwife and a L&D nurse at one time also). The moon's pull on the tide is a fascinating thing to me also.

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• IDK but nuts tend to come out thats for sure. My hubby is always rounding up more people during the full phases. More 911 calls too.

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Good question! My mom was an ER nurse for a long long time, and she said they were definitely busier on full moons.

Maybe the tide change makes us crazy, I dunno.

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• the moon cycles effect things(ie the tides, peoples behavior) and im sure for some people they just use it as an excuse(i was being crazy and i don't know why, must have been the full moon)

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I worked in an ER too and it sure was a lot busier during those times, especially during the summer when it was hot AND a full moon. People were weird and cranky then. But the moon does effect people much in the same way it effects the tides. Some more so than others I think.

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2009