Why is there more crime during a full moon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is actually why use the word "looney" it comes from "lunar". There is also more accidents and more labors and births (my MIL is a BCLC. She used to be a midwife and a L&D nurse at one time also). The moon's pull on the tide is a fascinating thing to me also.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• IDK but nuts tend to come out thats for sure. My hubby is always rounding up more people during the full phases. More 911 calls too.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Good question! My mom was an ER nurse for a long long time, and she said they were definitely busier on full moons.

Maybe the tide change makes us crazy, I dunno.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• the moon cycles effect things(ie the tides, peoples behavior) and im sure for some people they just use it as an excuse(i was being crazy and i don't know why, must have been the full moon)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I worked in an ER too and it sure was a lot busier during those times, especially during the summer when it was hot AND a full moon. People were weird and cranky then. But the moon does effect people much in the same way it effects the tides. Some more so than others I think.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2009