Any ideas what woul dcause a baseball sized hard spot on a cats lower belly?

It doesnt seem to cause her any discomfort unless its being touched - she's eating and drinking and going to the bathroom fine. I called the vet and she said it should be able to wait until Monday but I'm really worried - any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Pets

• Weird it popped up overnight? Could be a fluid filled cyst or something. Or a tumor if developed slowly. Is she fixed? not pregnant or anything?
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 7:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• she's fixed - she loves being scratched on the belly so we would have noticed if it appeared over time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• If its a suddent thing my guess would be some sort of fluid pocket of some sort. Either from a wound or something else. That is if she is eating and going the bathroom its probably not digestive like twisted guts (haha love the technical terms huh) or anything- but im not a vet so dont know for sure. If the vet said its ok to wait I guess its not serious but Im with you id be really freaking out.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• It's a cat...First thing is first...DONT FREAK OUT..over a cat ...or dog or animal for that matter...

Wait for the vet...or spend 400 dollars on a "cat" by taking "it" to the ER VET...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• it could be a blockage if your cat ate something. You do need to take her to the vet ASAP because if it is a blockage and it got that big that fast, it menas it is blocking her intestines and that will-not can WILL- kill her quickly.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• The fact that your cat doesn't like having it touched worries me. Sounds like it could be an absess of some sort. If it was a tumor, you would feel it grow over time.

Good luck with the vet! I've had my cat for seventeen years and counting, I understand how scary these things can be.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 5:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• the hard spot was gone today and she doesnt mind having her belly scratched again - I'm still going to take into the vet just to be safe though -
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2009