Do you know anyone with REALLY weird religious theories?

My stepdad has a theory (no joke) that the reason God told Moses that nobody could go to the top of Mt. Sinai was because God came down in a spaceship, left the 10 Commandments, and made the area radioactive.

...Yeah, wow.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• O_o
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I know! He's gotten my mom to believe it too. And they think I'm weird for being agnostic, yeesh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i know someone who is a Scientologist...that and mormons are pretty much the weirdest of the weird in my book
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• lol, wow.

I guess you could say that other Christians see my beliefs as weird, but I don't know anyone who believes anything THAT out there (no offense to your parents).

I'm sure we could find someone if we tried, though, lol.

=)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Doesn't the Discovery chanel have a whole series of alien accounts in the Bible and other ancient writings?

I have some beliefs that I know people think are strange. Election, Universal Election, Pre-Existance of Souls and Predestination to name just a few. Not that they're that strange, most Calvinists have them but they're not main-stream.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:52 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• What's the Election and Universal Election thing? I haven't heard of that before.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Honestly I find the idea of Non-Evolutionary Creation to be weird... I guess normal is in the eye of the believer!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• lol sabrina, I was thinking the same thing.

That and people that throw away science because they can't fully understand it, or how it could relate to their religion, so they believe their faith over what is before our very eyes...

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• cait, I seriously don't think his belief is that off the wall (minus the religious undertones of course)! I think it totally possible that Aliens colonized the Earth, and if they did, why not keep an eye on us and maybe give instructions to a human they trusted?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Election is the foreordination of all people before the beginning of time to either heaven or hell. Universal Election says "God chooses everyone" and that those who were not chosen to believe on earth would either enter into heaven based on any one of scenarios that happen after death such as:
    1. Have time to repent after death in a "purgatory-like" state
    2. Hell is a temporary state where people are purified from their sins where they will then enter into heaven.
    3. The opportunity to have faith does not end just because you've died. At judgement, faith and repentence are inevitable and that faith still counts towards entrance into heaven (this is my personal view).

There are more views but I don't know them all.

Haven't met very many people who are too keen on the concept of either.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2009