do you/ did you let your young kids see you naked

i am just wondering if you did or do let your kids see you naked. do you think its a good thing too. i wont mind if my kids (6 month old twins) see me naked when they are older. i think it is good for them to see what their bodys and the other persons body looks like. my brother who is 20 and he lives with me. he had two kids (4 year old son and almost 6 year old daughter) if he takes them in the shower with him he has to put on a swin suit or wear boxers. since he does not wnat his kids to ask him questions about his body. i was justwondering what other people think.

ashmomoftwins

Asked by ashmomoftwins at 7:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• My kids have seen me naked. It's just not a big deal in my house. It's just a body, nothing to be ashamed of. My kids are 14 and 15 (girl and boy).
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 7:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I agree with both of you. I take showers w/ my 2 year old girl, but if my kids (8boy & 2girl) take a bath suits are a must. Schools are very protective and kids say the darnest things. When my daughter was born my son exclaimed when changing her diaper "her crack goes all the way around"
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My kids are 4.5 girl and 2.5 boy, they both still see me naked.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• yeah i let me girl see me naked, my son is only 3 weeks so that dont matter. my girl watched me change my son and asked me what was wrong with him and i explained that girls and boys r different boys has he tee tee liked that bc he cant pee sitting down like you and mommie. also i still see my mom naked.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My kids see me naked at least once or twice a day. not including themyriad of times they walk in on me when i m getting in or out of the shadow. I dont hide or jump into a towel, cause in my mind that would teach them that i am ashamed of my body and that they too should be ashamed and i dont want them to think that way. I dont think there is anything wrong with it. My daughter and son understand modesty and that there are times when you should be naked and can be naked and times when you shouldnt or cant be naked. IF they ask something about what they see i answer it in terms that are age appropriate for each child wihtout getting into too much detail or graphic
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Yes my 13 month old dd sees me naked all the time. I see no problem with it.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My for 4 yr son see's me naked he doesn't care other then he wants to know why he doesn't have any "bumps". My older 3 I stopped being naked by the time they were 7 or 8 yrs old. I will change my pants where ever I please, lol, They are just pants and who cares if anyone sees my milky white legs.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 7:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I have 2 boys 2&3, I do not hide nudity, I think by hiding it promotes a negative ideal of the human body. Education can never start too early. They do ask where my pee pee is...LOL
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 8:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Of course I don't care if my 2 year old sees me naked, but at what point do those of you who say you don't want to hide your body from them so as not to give them a negative view of the human body (or however a few of you said it) when do you draw the line? Would you feel the same way if it was your 15 year old daughter and your husband? Either one being naked? I"m not implying anything "bad" going on, but if you think you shouldn't hide your body from your children so they don't think nudity is a bad thing, then by stopping it at a certain age, say 10 years old, then you are telling them at that point that it is a "secret" or "bad" thing to see each other naked. I know of one lady on here who says her family showered together well into her teen years (father included).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• anon: thats what modesty is for, i dont run around the house butt a$$ naked but they do walk in my room when i am changing or come in when i am showering or what not. I calmly explain that what ever they need can wait till iget dressed and then we have a talk about when its okay to be naked and when its not, its about always teaching them not just starting to teach them by 10 years old they should know not to walk in on you in the shower or while changing clothes, so it isnt an issue like it is when they are young. My nine year old still walks in on me when i am changing but she always turns her back when she realized i am naked, not cause shes ashamed, shes going through puberty and and knows that she doesnt want her brother walking in on her, so she has the modesty to turn around!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 8:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2009