why if you do support gay rights?

if you are not gay why do you support gay rights?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Population control... thats why i support em.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• because it doesn't matter to me who you fall in love with or choose to have sexual relationships with. I believe being against same sex marriages isn't so very different than being against interracial marriages. I feel many base their decision to make it illegal on religion which should have nothing to do with law since we are a religiously diverse country and not all religions view it the same.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 7:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Because they have the ability to love just like the rest of us. Why shouldn't they get that joy? Plus, I have gay relatives and friends and I think they deserve to have the rights as well.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• What skin is it off my nose what people do in their bed? That's their own business and they should not be singled out as different based on that.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Well I don't agree with their life style...But it is NOT my place to judge them. If they want to get married fine they want to adopt children great! I have known many gay people which knew that I don't like the life style but would give them my last dollar if they needed it and the other way around.That is why they will always be great friends
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Because even though I am not gay, I am human just like they are. I support children's rights too, but I'm not a child anymore. I don't understand why me not being gay would mean that I can't support gay rights.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Silly question. Does that mean men shouldn't support equal rights for women? LOL

I support gay rights and gay marriage. I don't believe in denying rights to consenting adults. I also support polygamy between consenting adults.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• There's not a compelling reason not to, for one. Also, they are people, too, and should have all of the benefits I have.
    leilani_r

Answer by leilani_r at 7:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• It is a civil rights issue.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Why not?
    American citiizens have rights in our country. Last time I checked being homosexual/gay/lesbian did not make you any less human or any less deserving of ALL rights.
    I support full rights for ALL ppl.
    Love whomever you want and marry whomever you would like.

Judging and nonacceptance? Keep it to yourself.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2009