Son suffers from Canker Sores

Does any one have any suggestions or cures for Canker Sores?

JASCAS22

Asked by JASCAS22 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Health

• too much acid in the diet... look up foods that are alkaline and this will help make them go away and prevent them. You can also get some ointment to put on them that will help shrink them and take the pain away.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Ask your pharmacist- there is some kind of cleanser that you can buy that is used for cleaning the teeth of people who can't clean their own teeth. I can't think of the name, but when I had canker sores I'd put a bit of this on them and it would fizz and clean them up nicely.

Answer by Bmat at 7:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• keeping the mouth brushed really well and using mouthwash if old enough. Salt water swishes are great too but again your son has to be old enough to not swallow it. I put straight salt onto any I get and it cures it in a day or so but its WAY painful, would not suggest it to a kid haha
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• burdock root dermally and by mouth
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 7:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My husband gets them horribly. For years he used Kanka liquid to kill the pain and thats was all he could do. If this is an older child go to drugstore.com and order Cankermelts. It is a small disc you put on the area the very first second you think one might be starting. Lots of times it prevents them from developing, it helps them heal faster and helps with the pain.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I get them too. I dip a Qtip in hyrdrogen peroxide and dap on the sore. There are over the counter meds, just ask a pharmacist for advice. I am not sure what can be used on a child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Swish salt water
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2009