Do your kids and you have confession time?

Thats what me and my mom would call it i was just thinkn about it bc i still do it to this day. I wait til my mom is nice and relaxed in a hot bath and I go in there and sit on the counter and confess things to her. Like when i was younger it would be i lied about where i went or who was there, now a days its usually mom i am pregnant...lol. I just feel safer telling her these things when she is in the bath then she cant jump out and get me, do you and your kids have a confession time where they can tell you anything and you not flip out?

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 7:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, but that sounds like a good idea. If I want my kids to be honest and willing to admit fault, then I should be too. I like the bathtub idea. What a smart kid you were. Wait until she couldnt just jump up and get you......LOL. My mother and I dont have confessionals because our relationship isnt that vulnerable. I have never felt my emotions are safe with her. Glad you have that with your mom.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No, my kids get in more trouble if they lie about something when they do something wrong or bad. They rarely get in real trouble and most of the time we just talk about whether they were making good decisions and what they should do next time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Lies were forbidden in my home. My mom would have hurt us bad if we lied but we did do things wrong so the punishment was having to tell her the truth. She didn't assign more punishment than that but omg that was scary! It worked so well though that I used it with my kids and now with the grandkids.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• We never had a set time like that, but now that I'm older, I do tell her some of the stupid things I did when I was younger, and she tells me stories about when she was my age. (I'm 24.) It's nice. And I hope when my daughter's older she tells me things too.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2009