mystery shopper?

i just got a letter with a $3495 check and i was given 3 things to do with it and keep $355 is this a fake or is there a really thing that pays u for this...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That check has FRAUD written all over it. It's definitely a scam. Shred it up if you do anything with it. Or take your chances and cash it... and then be in for a world of misery after you've been taken for a ride and have lost all of your savings because THAT is what WILL happen. Sorry to be so blunt but I've worked as a mystery shopper for years now and checks like these are gimmicks and NOT how true M/S is done. Mystery shopping companies DO NOT just hand out checks like that especially if you don't even work for them. Please educate yourself on this and if you really want to know how M/S works, there are plenty of legitimate places where you can find information (MSPA for starters). I know when times are tough, a check like that might seem like a blessing or a miracle but it truly is not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Be more specific. What does the letter say? I would be very leary about cashing a ck from someone I dont know. There are programs to do mystery shopping but I dont know how to get involved. I would SO LOVE to do that because I m a professional shopper....LOL....I worked at the TOMMY H. store over christmas and we had mystery shoppers once a month, so I know there are companies that pay for this, but again, I dont know much about it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Sounds to good to be true, so probably is. I did mystery shopping and I had to sign up with them and I never got that much for anything.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• well is there someone i could call to find out if it is or not
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• yea I agree with anon.
    you should call and check it out, b/c sometimes stuff like that is a fraud
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Sounds hokey. Once you deposit it, sign the back of the check and put the account number, they have your account number.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I called better business bureau but theres only a computer i can talk to so im going to try back monday it says the letter is from austin texas
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2009