What should I do?

My fiance's job sucks. Long story short. I rarely make dinner because every time I do he ends up getting stuck at work and coming home late... So tonight was one of those nights that I made dinner and it would have been ready when he should have been home... But, he's not home and dinner has been ready for an hour and a half... What should I do? :( This is so frustrating!

AnnaAndCalebsMa

Asked by AnnaAndCalebsMa at 7:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• sorry just leave it in the microwave
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• wrap it up and let him heat it up when he gets home. It happens

Answer by admckenzie at 8:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My SO is rarely home for dinner. We all eat when it's done and he just warms it up later.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Life is life and when you have to work you work. I would wrap it up and have him heat when he gets home. Sorry the way the things are going now a days I would be working as much as I can also more work more money for your family.

On the flip side I have'nt had dinner yet what did you make I will come over and eat dinner with you :~)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• This same thing happens to me alot. DH works in IT for computers and some days are awesome when he's home early and others he doesn't get home till I am in bed. Just leave it in the microwave and a note that says you already ate but that you are glad he's home safe. It sucks, I am so sorry.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Same here. I never know when my husband will be home. He could be home by 5, but he always works late, it could be 6, 7, or even 8. So I aim for 6, and if he isn't home then, I go ahead and eat, since eating later gives me sleep problems, and put his food on a plate which I refrigerate and microwave when he gets home. This way also, I can put away leftovers and clean up the kitchen before it gets so late.

Answer by Bmat at 8:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Maybe surprise him and take a plate to work for him once in awhile? I bet he'd like that. :) And I'm sure you'd feel good doing it too.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• How lucky you are to have a husband willing to work so hard for you and your family. When my husband worked like that, I always cooked, and tried to have a nice meal ready to just be heated up for him when he got home from work. I know he always appreciated it.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Can you text or call him before you start dinner to see if he's going to be home on time? Or could he text you when he leaves work and then you start dinner then? Even if it's not done by the time he gets home, it would be done shortly after. That is assuming you don't mind eating whenever he does get home. Otherwise I would just eat and let him heat up the leftovers.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Is there a possiblity you could call him? Sometimes men can't take calls at work. My husband has hours like that, sometimes he makes dinner, sometimes he doesn't, and I'm like you. I feel like why should I bother if he's not going to be home? If it's just me and the kids, we might as well have burgers. But, if you make a nice dinner, and fix him a plate and put it in the oven or microwave for him to warm up when he gets home, you can eat a snack with him, or hold off and eat with him and just have a snack to tide you over until he gets home. My husband usually doesn't know until late that he's not coming home on time and that's what's infuriating. At least in today's economy, he has a job!
    loriann12

Answer by loriann12 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2009