what should i do about family drama?

we constantly get put in the middle of our families drama and watch the kids so they can go party together, then they lie about what they did, but they pick up the kids hungover. im all for helping people but when is the line drawn to not come to us anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• When you speak up and say enough is enough.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I totally agree. Tell them that it is unacceptable and draw the line yourself. If they cross it then say no more (speaking from similiar experience)
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I would not allow such behavior!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• as far as "allowing such behavior' well there are kids involved so is it always safe to send them with hungover grouchy parents? I dont know thats your call. I think if you feel they are overstepping your boundaries you need to stop continuing to do the same things you are doing. When they ask next time for you to take the kids, simply say you cant you are busy. If they push it be honest yet polite and say you are not comfotable watchign the kids so they can go drink and then be dishonest with you. I mean what they do on their own time is theoir business, but they shouldt have to lie about it. Bottom line is, if you feel like you are being taken advantage of, then its up to you to stop it. good luck. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2009