If you were in a store and you saw with out a doubt some one stealing (like to where it was obvious.. sticking it in thier diaper bag or purse) would you say something to them to a clerk or just let it go?

Totally hypothetical question im just wondering

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you're doing it to be nice then don't run to a manager to rat them out then leave. Walk up to them and say, "please don't take that, just let me buy it." or something along those lines. If they still choose to after that point, it's THEIR choice. You aren't the police, find something better to do with your time then ruin someone's day.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• It would depend I think on what I saw them stealing. If it was food, I think I would assume that they needed it. I might even pay for it as they were leaving. If it were a non-food item I would tell a manager.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• the store has cameras, its not my bad karma if they steal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I would and have told. There was a lady that took shorts into the bathroom at walmart and my mom saw her changing into them in her stall. We reported her and they nabbed her. It was on video, her going in in one pair of shorts and then leaving in another pair.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i would just let it go. not my business and a store isnt going to go out of business from one person stealing something.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• plus you never know why their stealing. maybe their poor and really need these things.
    PURPULbutterfly

• A couple years ago I was standing at at counter and a little girl and her mother came up and were looking at the jewelry, too. I saw the girl take a necklace and put it in her purse. I told the mother, who then gave me a dirty look. I realized later that she probably knew all along.

Answer by Bmat at 8:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I really dont know, I think I would have to be in the situation to know for sure, I've never seen anyone steal and if their out in the open to where I could notice Im sure the stores security would catch on at some point
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• It depends... If it's a young child, I would, without a doubt, pull the mother/father aside and tell them. If it was a teenager, I'd report them, otherwise they're just going to keep doing it... But I agree with emuu, if it was food I probably would just turn my head... It'd be hard to let something like that go, I don't think I'd beable to forget ignoring it.... But then again I guess I'll never really know unless it happens.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 8:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I have been in this situation. A man was stealing ALOT of cleaning supplies. He had a back pack with him. I went to the front and reported him. People dont realize the store has to sell around 10 of the same item to make up for the stolen item.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2009