why be anonymous?

if people can ask questions, then why hide. say what you want to. people have the right to say what they want to say. teach kids to stand up for what they belive not to run.

Ashlee0323

Asked by Ashlee0323 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it's to protect trolls and getting PM about your viewpoints. I agree, I dont get it
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I think some people are afraid that they'll be attacked, at least thats what I learned, from the last time this question was asked
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Cause there are crazy stalker who follow you! especially from the politics and current events section
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I have used the anon feature a few times. There are crazy moms on here who will harass you if you disagree with them.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Shoot I'm not afraid to say what I feel in real life I'm not going to use a computer to censor myself. I'll always post with who I am and I do not apologize for anything I say. If I do hurt anyways feelings I do apologize for that, but not for what I feel, think or say.
    beautyqueen616

Answer by beautyqueen616 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Because people are crazy and if I have something to say I'll say it..but i'd rather not be attacked or stalked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• There really are some on here that will 'stalk' you.Sometimes it is just safer to use the anon button.
    hipgranny

Answer by hipgranny at 9:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• LOL Because my son's soon to be step mom stalks me on here, sigh, I wish she would get a life! Ha! And she wonders why I question the safety of my DS around her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I use the anon thing a lot, especially when I am answering a personal question that I don't want to have displayed on the internet. People should be very careful about how they act online, it can come back to bite you on the butt. Especially in job situations. Your screen name can be traced back to you so even sites like this have the potential to cause problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• For all the reasons stated above! I do not use it most of the time unless I am asking a question and that's to address some touchy issues.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2009